Dark skin around pubic area or bikini line is a common problem in women. It becomes difficult to wear short clothes like bikini, shorts and mini-skirts with this dark skin. It is generally discoloration that occurs between the thighs and the pubic area. It is rather a cosmetic concern than a medical issue.
Reasons for Dark Skin around Pubic Area
The discoloration or hyper-pigmentation between the thighs and the pubic area may be due to the following reasons,
- Genetic factors
- Overexposure to harmful ultraviolet rays
- Skin diseases
- Wearing polyester underwear
- Regular shaving
- Constant friction between the thighs
- Wearing tight clothes
- Excessive sweating
- Accumulation of dead skin cells
- Poor hygiene
- Exposure to chemicals
The skin in the pubic area and inner thighs is very delicate. Hence it is not advisable to use commercial skin-whitening creams or bleaching agents. This can very well be treated using simple home remedies that use only natural ingredients.
Home Remedies for Dark Skin around Pubic Area
The following are the various easy and natural methods of lightening the dark and delicate skin around the pubic area.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an effective ingredient that lightens the skin naturally. It helps the skin become lighter and also fades away the dark skin spots thereby promoting natural regeneration of cells. A study published in the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research says that, among many skin benefits of aloe vera, it can clear dark spots and make the skin clear.
How to Use?
- Slit open a fresh aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from it
- Apply this directly on the pubic area
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off
- Follow this remedy daily for faster results
Cucumber also has skin-lightening properties. It is rich in vitamin A which helps in reducing the dark spots by controlling the melanin production. The high water content in it helps in keeping the ksin hydrated and nourished.
How to Use?
- Extract juice from half of a cucumber and apply it over the bikini area
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water
- Also, you may mix two tablespoons of cucumber juice with half tablespoon of lemon juice and turmeric powder to make a thin paste
- Apply this paste on the dark pubic area and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with cool water and repeat it once daily
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon is an excellent skin-lightening ingredient due to its acidic properly. The vitamin C present in it, helps in exfoliation of dead skin cells and improves the overall skin tone. IT also helps in regeneration of new skin cells.
How to Use?
- Cut a lemon into halves and rub it on the bikini line for few minutes
- Allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water
- Mix the juice from half a lemon with one tablespoon of plain yogurt and half a teaspoon of honey
- Apply it the dark pubic area and leave it on for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with plenty of water and repeat this remedy twice or thrice a week
- Apply a moisturizer or coconut oil after using lemon-based remedies
- Also, avoid using this remedy if the bikini area is recently waxed or shaved or bruised as it may irritate the skin
4. Orange Peel
Orange peels are very useful in achieving healthy and glowing skin. It is a good idea to store them for future use rather than throwing it away. IT has skin-lightening properties and acts as natural bleach that can help in lightening the dark patches. It is very effective in treating suntans as the vitamin C content in it is greater than the orange pulp itself. The vitamin plays a key role in combating free-radical damages that tends to destroy the functioning of the cells and makes the skin glow.
How to Use?
- Collect the orange peels and let it dry under the Sun
- After it is completely dry, grind it into fine powder
- Mix one tablespoon of this orange peel powder to two tablespoons of yogurt and add a little honey to it
- Apply it on the dark bikini area
- Allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes until it is dry
- Scrub it off with wet hands and rinse with cool water
- Repeat this remedy twice a week to notice results
Tomatoes have bleaching effects on the skin and also act like a skin-lightening agent. It consists of lycopene, an antioxidant that protects the skin against Sun damages. It also makes the skin less sensitive to ultraviolet rays, which is a major cause for dark skin around pubic area.
How to Use?
- Cut few slices of a tomato and rub it on the inner thighs near the pubic area
- Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with cool water
- Repeat this remedy once daily for few weeks
Whole almonds as well as almond oil helps in lightening the skin tone. It also even out the dark areas in the skin. It has high vitamin E and A content along with essential fatty acids that helps in nourishing, soothing and moisturizing the skin. It has exfoliating properties the gets rid of the dead skin cells and softens the skin.
How to Use?
- Soak 5 to 6 whole almonds overnight
- The next morning, grind them into a fine paste and mix one tablespoon of raw milk to it
- Apply it on the dark skin areas and wait for 10 to 15 minutes
- Gently scrub it in circular motions while rinsing it off
- Repeat this process once or twice a week for better results
- You may also massage some warm almond oil in this area for 5 to 10 minutes daily before going to the bed
The above remedies are highly beneficial in getting rid of the dark skin around the pubic area.
- Home Remedies for Dark Elbows and Knees
- Home Remedies for Dark Lips