Pimples can be painful and unpleasant as it brings down the entire personality of a person. But a blind pimple is even worse as it is deep within the skin and closer to the nerves. It is more painful than the pimples occurring externally. Similar to other pimples, it is also caused by overactive sebaceous glands under the skin that produces excess oil that ultimately resulting in clogged pores. But it does not cause the typical white heads as it if formed under the skin. These pimples may occur on the nose, behind the ears or on the face. They are normally red in color and do not contain pus. The size of the blind pimple may vary from person to person. It is commonly seen that people are tempted to poke or squeeze a blind pimple. But it is highly dangerous as it would increase the risk of infection. The best way to combat such pimples is by following proper diet, personal hygiene, regular exercise and rest.
Home remedies to Cure Blind Pimple
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has strong anti-bacterial properties that kill the bacteria in the blind pimple. It promotes faster healing by reducing the pain and inflammation in the skin. It works as a cleanser that clears out the clogged pores. Always use tea tree oil after dilution because it is too strong to be applied directly on the skin.
- Mix one part of tea tree oil with nine parts of water
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply on the blind pimple
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash the skin with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day
Toothpaste has been an old remedy for treating pimples due to the chemical substance present it it. It is also helpful in curing the blind pimples by reducing the size of the pimples and alleviate soreness and redness.
- Apply a small amount of white toothpaste on the blind pimple before bed
- The next morning, wash the face with lukewarm water
- The toothpaste must be applied to the pimple at least for 1 or 2 hours and so it can be done in the day time also
- Repeat this process until the pimple reduces in size
Honey has antiseptic as well as antimicrobial properties. It fights against the bacteria causing blind pimples. It also works as a deep cleanser by unclogging the pores and preventing the pimples from recurring.
- Dip a cotton ball in pure honey and apply generously on the blind pimple
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process thrice a day for effective results
- Also, you can mix one spoon of blended apple with one spoon of honey to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on the face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry
4. Lemon Juice
The citric acid present in the lemon juice is highly effective in curing pimples. It works as an astringent that dries out the pimples faster and thereby speeding up the process of healing.
- Extract the juice from one lemon
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and apply it on the inflamed area
- Leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing it off
- You can also mix lemon juice with rose water in case you have sensitive skin
- Do this twice daily for a few days
5. Epsom Salt
Another effective remedy to cure blind pimples is using epsom salt. It is a natural remedy which relieves inflammation and pain associated with the pimples.
- Mix a spoon of epsom salt in a cup of hot water until the salt dissolves completely
- Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature
- Using a cotton ball, apply this solution on the blind pimple and allow it to dry
- Wash it off with plain water and pat dry
- Repeat this twice or thrice a day for effective results in curing blind pimples
6. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a rich source of vitamin-E and has anti-bacterial properties. It soothes the inflammation, irritation, redness and soreness in the blind pimple spot. It also helps in rebuilding damaged tissues.
- Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf
- Extract the gel from it and apply on the blind pimple
- Leave it on for 20 minutes or overnight if requires
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water
- Do this remedy 3-4 times a week for visible results
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar acts like a tonic on the pimples. It promotes blood circulation to the pimple spot and heals it faster. It also has antiseptic properties that prevent the bacterial growth that triggers outbreaks and infections.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it directly on the blind pimple
- Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse off with normal water
- Alternatively, you can add one spoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and drink it 2-3 times a day
- Drink this solution 20 minutes before meals
- This promotes blood circulation and internal healing
The above home remedies are very effective in curing blind pimples. However severe pimple must be taken to the doctor and treated with the medicines prescribed. One must be careful not to touch the pimple often as it may spread the infection further.
- Home Remedies for Bleparitis or Eyelid Inflammation
- Home Remedies to Reduce Body Heat