Premature graying of hair is a major concern among the adults between the age of 20-30 years. Youngsters with grey hair not only look older but also it pulls down their confidence level to a large extent.
Reasons for Premature Graying of Hair
There might be number of reasons that accounts to the graying of hair like,
- Poor nutrition
- Hormonal fluctuations
According to experts, graying of hair is the result of slow down or stopping of melanin production that gives the hair its natural color. There are several natural ingredients that help in restoring the natural color of the hair. These ingredients are easily available and are safe to use than its alternative OTC drugs.
Premature Graying of Hair
There are several expensive treatments available for premature graying of hair. But grey hair can be naturally reversed back to its original color by using the below given home remedies.
Henna is considered to be a natural colorant. It is widely used in India for getting lustrous hair with natural sheen. It is very effective in prevent the graying of hair. It strengthens the roots without damaging the hair follicles and makes the hair look darker.
How to Use
- Make a thick paste of henna powder and coffee decoction
- Keep it in a cool dark place for three to four hours
- Apply it evenly to each sections of hair
- After keeping it for three hours wash it with normal water
- For better results, use henna once in every fortnight
However overuse of henna is not beneficial because it makes the hair follicles thicker which tends to break from the roots. To avoid hair fall due to henna, use it twice or thrice a month. You may add other ingredients such as egg whites, amla powder, yogurt and brahmi powder for enhancing the effectiveness.
Coconut Oil and Lemon juice
Coconut oil is the secret to pitch black hair people in Southern parts of India. It is rich in vitamin E which nourishes the hair and prevents premature graying. Mixing it with lemon juice can do wonders to the hair. Lemon juice stimulates the hair follicles and promotes hair growth. Coconut oil reverses the grey hairs when used for a longer period.
How to Use
- Mix one spoon of lemon juice to two spoon of coconut oil
- Massage this mixture on the scalp in circular motion for 5-10 minutes
- Leave it for an hour and wash it using mild shampoo
- This remedy will turn the gray hair dark when used for several months.
Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is the Holy Grail for all hair issues. It can be consumed or applied externally for maintiang healthy and lustrous mane. It is one of the best options for people dealing with premature graying of hair. It is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C and thus provides nourishment to the hair follicles and promotes growth of healthy hair.
How to Use
- Mix one part of fresh amla juice to three parts of water
- Drink it every morning on empty stomach
- Make a paste of amla powder and water
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with plain water
This is one of the best remedies for graying of hair and can be done once or twice a week without fearing about the side effects.
Sage and Rosemary
Both these herbs are very useful in dealing with premature graying of hair. It darkens the hair and provides it with natural dark color. You can use it with warm oil and massage it on the scalp. Use this mixture every week to notice faster results.
How to Use
- Heat two tablespoon of olive oil
- Add sage and rosemary herbs in it
- Allow the herbs to get infused in the carrier oil for at least half and hour
- Use this warm oil to massage the scalp and leave it overnight
- Wash the hair using a mild shampoo next morning
Black tea is great for improving cardiovascular health but its benefits for hair and skin is little known to the world. The anti-oxidants present in the black tea are great for stimulating the roots of the hair and preventing premature graying of hair. It makes the hair shiny and healthy looking.
How to Use
- Steep a spoonful of black tea leaves in hot water for 10 minutes
- Strain the tea and allow it to cool
- Apply this on the scalp and leave it for half an hour
- Rinse it with cold water
This will add natural shine and bounce to the dull hair.
These remedies include only natural ingredients and so there are no side effects. Along with these home remedies it is important to eat healthy diet rich in vitamin E and proteins. The following foods are considered to be great for skin and hair health.
- Soy protein
Try to include these foods in the daily diet or consult a doctor to take supplements. The key to maintaining healthy hair and avoiding premature graying is to exercise everyday and eating nutritious food. It is better to forgo stress because it has negative impacts on our body. Graying of hair is one of the side effects of stress and fatigue.
To know more about Home Remedies For Premature Graying of Hair visit Home Remedies For Premature Graying
- SALT ROOM THERAPY BENEFICIAL IN ASTHMA TREATMENT
- HOW TO REDUCE TOOTH SENSITIVITY USING HOME REMEDIES