Intestinal worms are parasites in the gastrointestinal tract that affects the human beings and animals. There are thousands of parasites that are present in the environment, but not all are harmful to humans. It spreads through food, water and skin contact which is infected by parasitic attack. Use some of these simple yet powerful home remedies for intestinal worms to treat your worms naturally.
Causes of Intestinal worms
- Eating contaminated food
- Drinking contaminated water
- Poor sanitation
- Poor personal hygiene
- Eating raw and uncooked meat
Types of Parasites
The following are the four most harmful parasites with their modes of transmission are given below,
- Roundworm – spreads through food and water
- Whipworm – spreads through food and water
- Pinworm – spreads from direct contact
- Tapeworm – spreads by eating raw or undercooked meats
The intestinal worms may reside in our body for years in latent state. The following are the symptoms that are noticed once the worms become troublesome to our body,
- Stomach pain
- Weight loss
- Itching around the rectum
Home Remedies For Intestinal Worms
The worms can be expelled out of the body using these simple and effective home remedies for intestinal worms using natural ingredients.
- Papaya seeds are rich in Caricin, which helps in removing the worms present in the intestinal tracts. Eating dried seeds powder along with a glass of milk or water in the morning, helps in flushing out the worms.
- Few papaya Leaves should be boiled in a cup of water and the strained juice can be consumed along with honey.
- Unripe papaya juice should be mixed with honey and warm water. This mixture should be consumed on empty stomach to cure intestinal worms.
- It is one of the best home remedies for intestinal worms, effective almost immediately.
Coconut is extremely useful in treating threadworms. One spoon of ground coconut should be consumed along with breakfast, followed by 30ml of castor oil mixed in a glass of warm milk after 2-3 hours. It is a simple yet effective home remedy for intestinal worms.
Yogurt and Buttermilk
- Intake of probiotics is extremely useful in killing parasites in the gut by cultivating healthy bacterial growth.
- Consume a cup of yogurt or a glass of buttermilk to stop the parasites from multiplying and promote good bacteria in the stomach.
- Rice vinegar is useful in treating many ailments due to its acidic nature.
- Take a spoonful of rice vinegar with a glass of water 3-4 times a day to expel the worms out of the gut.
- It is a wonderful treatment option and a natural home remedy for intestinal worms.
- Wormwood is a bitter herb used in removing various types of parasites from the body.
- It should be taken along with olive oil since it has toxic properties.
- Carrots are extremely beneficial in killing the parasites and prevent the body from future attacks.
- Eating raw carrot on empty stomach helps in clearing all the worms from the body and stops the parasitic growth in the stomach.
- It is a simple, yet highly effective natural home remedy for intestinal worms.
- Garlic is a powerful anti-bacterial ingredient used in most of the dishes.
- Eating raw garlic in the morning, on empty stomach helps in getting rid of the intestinal worms.
- Garlic is a serious natural home remedy for intestinal worms.
- Bitterguard juices have anti-bodies that kills all the bacteria and harmful parasites in the body and regulates digestion.
- Drinking bitterguard juice everyday is found beneficial in treating the worms in the intestine.
- It can be consumed along with buttermilk for enhanced effects in killing worms.
- It is the best effective natural home remedy for intestinal worms.
- The fruit, leaf and bark of pomegranate is used in curing various diseases. Pomegranate bark is especially used in treating intestinal worms.
- Make a decoction of pomegranate bark and a cup of water and drink it every day to get relief from the symptoms of parasitic infections.
- Turmeric has powerful compounds that fight with various diseases and strengthens the immune system
- Drinking a glass of warm milk along with a spoon of turmeric every night, helps in flushing out the intestinal worms from the body.
- Turmeric is one of the best natural home remedy for intestinal worms.
- Bamboo leaves are very beneficial in destroying intestinal worms like threadworms.
- Make a decoction using the leaves and consume it regularly to see effective results.
- The whole tree of Vasaka has anti-parasitic properties. Especially the fruits, leaves and bark of the plant are helpful in removing intestinal worms.
- Boil 30gms of bark and roots of Vasaka in 500ml of water until it reduces to one cup. Drink this decoction 1-2 times daily to flush out all worms.
- Carom Seeds are helpful in flushing out the worm out of the body. It is regularly used in Indian kitchen for tempering the food.
- Boil 1 spoon of carom seeds in a cup of water and make a decoction
- Strain the solution and drink in 2-3 times a day for effective results
Intestinal worms can also be treated using using common prescriptions like flubendazole, pyrvinium or pyrantel. However the above natural home remedies for intestinal worms are as effective as the prescription medicines in the case of intestinal worms.