More than twenty million women are suffering from bacterial vaginitis in the United States and the condition of women in other countries is also not much different. Bacterial vaginitis has become yet another difficulty in the lives of women that when occurs once in a lifetime is not a big problem, but reoccurring bacterial vaginitis is something the effect of which is not confined to your vagina and you may have its impact on your reproductive health as well. There are many women who are lucky enough to get so mild symptoms of bacterial vaginitis that they hardly notice that they are suffering from some problem in their vagina, but for many others, life is not that easy because of the imbalance of bacteria in their vagina. The vagina is home for good as well as bad bacteria. But when the balance between these two gets disturbed, the condition called bacterial vaginosis or vaginitis occurs, and you need nothing but home remedies for bacterial vaginitis to get rid of the horrible vaginal trouble.
We emphasize on home remedies for bacterial vaginitis because bacterial vaginitis is not only linked to diseases like HIV, but the reoccurrence of the most irritating women infection- urinary tract infection, is also linked to bacterial vaginitis. If some qualified scientists like obstetrics and gynecology instructor Nicole Gilbert are to be believed, the cause of primary urinary tract infection is not bacterial vaginitis, but the reason behind its reoccurrences which was suspense to the medicinal community till date is based on bacterial vaginitis. This revelation has not only made the treatment of recurrent urinary tract infections easier, but it has also made the bacterial vaginitis a more serious issue. Suffering from bacterial vaginitis is terribly bad, but some of us ignore it. After the disease coming out to be directly related to so many other problems, it is not at all a wise idea to ignore even mild bacterial vaginitis.
Neglecting this problem of the vagina is not a good idea, in the same way, using medicinal cure is also a waste of time. Not only because of the high price we are telling you to avoid the drugs, but all of them have a long list of side effects. Also, there are chances that even after using the strongest antibiotic and spending a lot of money, the bacterial vaginitis may reoccur after just three months of the treatment. What do the antibiotics and medicines do then? If you believe that medicines for bacterial vaginitis and herpes cure the problem, let me tell you, my friend, that it is a myth in which almost all the population of the United States is living. And some more of these myths help the pharmaceutical companies earn a lot of money every year. Why do we actually take antibiotics for?
In reality, for most of the diseases, the antibiotics and chemically synthesized medicines can only mask the symptoms temporarily. The real work is done by your own immune system, and medicines just make you feel better for a few days. if at all immune system is not at work, you would get the same symptoms back as soon as you stop using those pills. Then why don’t we make our immune system strong enough that we don’t need anything else? Well, it is possible only with home remedies for bacterial vaginitis. We do not find them easier to trust, but the reality is more than half of the drugs are nothing but the replication of natural herbs in chemical form. Many others are inspired by the healing properties of some other herbs. Hence it is better to go for home remedies for bacterial vaginitis as it has more than one benefit for your body. We have some very effective home remedies for bacterial vaginitis, but before that let us see the most interesting part of bacterial vaginitis.
Causes of bacterial vaginitis
The cause of bacterial vaginitis is said to be the imbalance in the natural flora of bacteria in your vagina. Yes, you have read it right. Our vagina has many kinds of bacteria and if some of them suddenly increase and others decrease, the vagina is no healthier enough and causes all kinds of symptoms of bacterial vaginitis. This cause of bacterial vaginitis is quite alright, but what causes the imbalance is still a matter of research. Sometimes bacterial vaginitis comes and vanishes on its own for no known reason. The other times, it creates the following symptoms and becomes a medical challenge for many women.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginitis
- Vaginal discharge: The women suffering from bacterial vaginitis will observe some kind of discharge coming out of the vagina. This discharge may be white or pale yellow in color. It may be thick or thin, but some kind of discharge will create trouble for sure.
- Burning sensation in the vagina is another symptom of bacterial vaginitis, and this burning sensation will become even more severe while having sex. Some patients of bacterial vaginitis have reported staying away from sex during their curse of bacterial vaginitis because it was painful for them. Others avoided it simply because they thought sex also has a role to play in the recovery of the vagina.
- Itching: This is the worst of all the symptoms of bacterial vaginitis as not only it is irritating, but also embarrassing. You feel like moving your hands towards your private parts every now and then. It is also very difficult to control one because it is itching.
- Burning sensation while urinating also is one of the signs that you are suffering from bacterial vaginitis. This can be acute and unbearable, or it might be mild with pale yellow urine.
Burning sensation and foul smell are also common symptoms of the disease. The condition gradually disappears, but sometimes it may lead to complications, especially during pregnancy. Don’t you know that bacterial vaginitis which we consider as a minor issue can have major impacts in pregnancy? We will talk about it once we are done with the home remedies for bacterial vaginitis. You can use the following home remedies for bacterial vaginitis to speed up the recovery, and keep your body safer and healthier.
Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginitis
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the first of all the home remedies for bacterial vaginitis and possibly the best also. Apple cider vinegar is a natural product which can be considered as an all-rounder when we talk about dealing with health, skin and hair ailments. It is justifiable to say so because, from head to toe, apple cider vinegar has something to offer for almost every part of your body. Apple cider vinegar kills the bacteria by making the conditions unfavorable to live in the vagina. As Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature, it makes the surroundings also acidic and it is not possible for the bad bacteria to survive in high pH environment. Hence it let the good ones survive and kill only the bad bacteria.
How to use apple cider vinegar for bacterial vaginitis treatment
- Home remedies for bacterial vaginitis always keep the remedies simple so that anyone can use them anytime.
- As far as apple cider vinegar is concerned, you just have to rinse your vagina with water mixed with a cup of apple cider vinegar at least two times a day till you feel the symptoms.
- You can also drink the solution of apple cider vinegar and water daily to get rid of the problem internally.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has unbelievable anti fungal and anti- bacterial properties which make it a promising alternative to home remedies for bacterial vaginitis. Tea tree oil is actually extracted from the leaves via steam distillation and maintains its potency for roughly 1 year from the date of distillation when properly stored in a dark glass bottle and out of direct sunlight. It contains compounds that help kill the germs that cause bacterial vaginosis. It will also combat the awful smell that is common with bacterial vaginosis.
How to use tea tree oil in bacterial vaginitis
- Dip a cotton swab in tea tree oil and place it into the vagina for at least 20 minutes to allow it to work.
- If this is not comfortable to do, you can go for the easy option of mixing a few drops of tea tree oil in the water you bath in.
- Just sit in the bath tub for 15 minutes and then dry the affected area properly.
- Apart from bathing, we also have one simple method. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to hot water and wash your vaginal area with that.
- Make sure you let the water cool down to moderate temperature. Repeat the same process twice daily to get effective results.
Milk and Yogurt
Yogurt and milk both are one of the most common home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. All of us know that yogurt contains bacteria called lactobacillus that helps clean the vagina by killing the bad bacteria causing a problem. It is also known to maintain healthy vaginal pH balance. Just like Yogurt, milk also contains lactobacilli bacteria that make milk and yogurt excellent home remedies for bacterial vaginitis. In addition to just curing bacterial vaginosis, milk helps strengthen the immune system.
How to use milk and yogurt as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis
- Although eating yogurt regularly helps to prevent bacterial vaginosis, but in case you already have it you need to apply the product in order to kill the unnecessary bacteria.
- Apply a pad dipped in yogurt on the affected area and leave it there for half an hour.
- As you do with yogurt, you can use chilled milk in a similar manner.
- As far as drinking is concerned, add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to make it an outstanding cure for all your health ailments.
- Drink this daily till your symptoms vanish completely.
If you drink tea daily, then bacterial vaginitis is not going to bother you much. Drinking tea is not going to help but yes, using th4e tea bags the other ways can definitely make things better inside your vagina. Tea sometimes has to be looked at something more than just a source of caffeine. Tannins present in tea makes it great antibiotic and astringent that help soothe the burning sensation as well as reduce swelling and irritation. It is hence a great home remedy for bacterial vaginitis.
How to use tea bags as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis
- Soak a tea bag in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes
- Immediately after that, keep them in the refrigerator and freeze for about 3 minutes.
- Apply the bag externally on the affected area to relieve itching. You can repeat the same three times in a day to get relief instantly.
Oil of oregano is pure, expressed oil from the leaves and flowers of the oregano plant that is extremely high in antibiotics. Oregano oil can fight various infection causing organisms including viruses and bacteria. Oregano oil contains both antibacterial and antifungal properties and can be used to fight the germs responsible for bacterial vaginosis. It can also effectively be used to prevent recurrence of the infection.
How to use oregano oil
- For home remedies for bacterial vaginitis, use oregano oil that does not contain alcohol.
- Mix three drops of oregano oil with one tablespoon of olive oil to make sure it doest hurt the vagina much and only kills the harmful bacteria.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for two hours. After two hours, wash the vagina and nearby area with lukewarm water.
- Do this once daily until you notice
Fenugreek is also used by patients suffering from bacterial vaginitis and all of those who use this as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis have reported it as a great solution to their problems. It will help improve the pH level in the vagina and boost the immune system to speed up the healing process, thus acting as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis.
How to use fenugreek seeds in bacterial vaginitis
- You can take the water in which a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds were soaked overnight.
- Eating a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with a cup of water is also advised by some herbalists.
- Alternatively one can also eat the seeds after mixing in yogurt to include both of them as a healer.
Garlic is used to treat many health related problems and bacterial vaginosis is one of them. It has antibiotic as well as anti-bacterial properties that make it one of the best home remedies for bacterial vaginitis. In addition to this, it also is anti- fungal in nature. All these together make it the bets, almost perfect and holistic cure for bacterial vaginitis. Let us see ho to use garlic cloves as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis.
How to use garlic clove as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis
- Take 2-4 garlic cloves and crush them to make a thick paste.
- Apply the mashed garlic on the affected area. You can apply it after wrapping in gauze.
- Wash the vagina and make sure no garlic is left inside after half an hour.
- Similar to yogurt and milk, in taking garlic is helpful in its own way, so eat garlic in raw or cooked form daily.
- You can add it to your favorite soup, or salad plates or can also eat it after cooking with the veggie.
Coconut oil has natural antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties that can kill the germs that cause bacterial vaginosis and prevent it from recurring. It is the best organic and natural home remedies for bacterial vaginitis as well as other such problems. You can eat coconut oil and the topical application of the same is also reported to be beneficial for treating various types of infections and bacterial vaginitis. Coconut oil is also a component of many moisturizers and beauty products due to its skin-friendly nature. While treating bacterial vaginitis also it has some advantages like it is not harsh for the vagina. Also, it is perfectly natural and hence you don’t have to worry about the side effects.
How to use coconut oil in bacterial vaginitis
- Apply organic coconut oil inside and around your vagina three times daily until your condition improves.
- To ensure that the oil is applied to the entire vagina, you can use a tampon. Soak a tampon in organic coconut oil and insert it into the vagina.
- Leave it in for a couple of hours. Rinse the area with lukewarm water thoroughly after removing the tampon.
- Do this once daily for several days.
Neem leaves or Indian lilac is famous for the tremendous medicinal and healing abilities the tree has. Every part of this tree has used in the medicinal field. Even the bark of the huge tree has something to offer for mankind. The fruits, leaves and stems, everything has its own set of benefits. The only bad thing about the tree is the bitter taste. But remember, not all healthy things come with a taste. Neem leaves (Indian lilac leaves) contain all that you need to prevent your vagina from any type of infection, and bacterial vaginitis is one of them. It has excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that in no way allows bacteria to survive. Not only bacteria, neem leaves (Indian lilac leaves) can act against several other micro-organisms, and since we don’t know the real cause of interstitial cystitis, they are perfect home remedies for bacterial vaginitis.
How to use neem leaves as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis
- Neem is used to reduce itching, inflammation and kill the germs that cause this infection provided you know the right method to use them as home remedies for bacterial vaginitis.
- Make powder of neem leaves by after drying them. You can also get this powder at a nearby health store of online.
- Make a thick paste by adding water and apply the paste around your vagina.
- You can also bath in water after boiling fresh neem leaves in it if you have access to a neem tree.
- Do this daily till you get rid of the problem completely.
These were all the home remedies for bacterial vaginitis, but being a woman always demands more and here also you should be aware of the impacts of bacterial vaginitis on pregnancy. Not only your reproductive health will be affected by the disease, but this imbalance can create problems for you and your baby if you are expecting and suffer from bacterial vaginitis during your memorable days.
Pregnancy and bacterial vaginitis
Bacterial vaginitis can be ignored up to some extent but not when you are pregnant. Bacterial vaginosis affects almost 29% of women in the United States, but when it comes to pregnancy, it cannot be treated as a common disease. 16% of pregnant women in the United States suffer from bacterial vaginitis during their pregnancy. Out of this 16 %, many have preterm labor and deliver babies with low birth weight. Yes, you knew that due to bacterial vaginitis, a woman experiences thin and grayish white discharge from the vagina, and that was it. But this aspect of the disease is overlooked by many women and the prize they sometimes have to pay is quite high.
Bacterial vaginosis or bacterial vaginitis is a very common condition among all the woman of United States, but it is not harmless. And why ignore it when you can treat the disease with home remedies for bacterial vaginitis and some tips related to vaginal health? Yes, you can treat bacterial vaginitis completely with home remedies for bacterial vaginitis, and you can prevent the future reoccurrences with some tips to maintain hygiene. What are those tips? Have a look at some of the amazing universal vaginal health remedies. These will ensure a healthy vagina irrespective of the countries and cultures you use them in.
The first key to a healthy vagina is the clothes you wear. Makes sure you are particular about your clothes, especially the undergarments. Especial care should be taken while choosing your underwear if you are a frequently chosen victim of cystitis. Synthetic clothes do not allow any air to pass through. This enhances the growth of bacteria into the urinary tract. Hence do not wrap yourself in tight and un- breathable dresses all the time.
Maintaining hygiene, especially in and around your private parts also is one of the most important factors in determining the health of your bladder as well as the vagina. You should wash your vagina many times in a day, and specifically after urinating. Whenever you wash the area you can use a hygienic wash that maintains the pH balance inside the vagina. You wipe out in the backward direction, that is from inside to outwards. This is a bit weird but has a tremendous impact in controlling the infection. Apart from this, always hang your undergarments in sunlight to kill the growth of any bacteria. You should not ignore it and wait for it to disappear completely, as it may also lead to complications if gets worst. With the help of the above home remedies for bacterial vaginitis, you can get your problem solved without spending money on expensive drugs.