Almost 90% of the women not in the US alone but worldwide have gynecological diseases of some type during their lifetime. And out of this 90 %, a large percentage is of those who suffer from “white”. Leucorrhoea is referred to the vaginal condition that causes abnormal white discharge from the female genitals. It is also known as Vaginitis. It can be easily detected when there is dirty white or yellowish discharge that is slimy and foul smelling, from the genitals. When this discharge exists for a long time, it poses a severe risk to the reproductive system. It is mainly seen during puberty when the hormonal changes occur in our body and the sexual organs are developing. But these are not all the reasons and we have discussed the entire list of causes of leucorrhoea before discussing home remedies for leucorrhoea. Since the women suffering from leucorrhea are quite high, it is important for all of us to detect the presence of this problem at the earliest stage so that we can take actions.
This is a critical disease which must be treated in time; else it causes weakness and reduces fertility in a female. Not only this is the reason behind the need for early detection, but we have home remedies for leucorrhoea that can act and stop the discomfort, pain and all other symptoms even before the stage they do much damage on. Yes, there is a medicinal cure for leucorrhoea, but millions of dollars are spent on treating this condition with drugs every year. It is not a chronic disease and can be dealt with the help of home remedies for leucorrhoea, and that too while avoiding the side effects that medicines never come without. For all these reasons, we have decided to give some time to the disease since it is about women health.
Leucorrhoea should not be confused with the vaginal discharge during sexual excitement. It is an unusual condition where the slimy white discharge occurs so frequently that it leads to discomfort, pain, and weakness. Let us become familiar with some of the distinctive symptoms of leucorrhoea.
- Irritation or pain in the cervical region: Leucorrhoea is characterized by several unusual changes in the cervical region. You will feel itchiness all the time and pain also will be part of your life.
- Fatigue: Due to pain and other discomforts, you will feel tired all the time. Even if you do not do anything significant and have a full night sleep, you will feel exhausted for no reason.
- Dark circles: A woman suffering from leucorrhoea will probably have the dark lines around her eyes. The reason behind these dark circles may be the weakness she is going through or something else. But leucorrhoea can surely reach your eyes too.
- Stomach ache: Pain in the cervical region is common, but in many cases, patients have reported that they also have t bear stomach ache.
- Dirty white or yellowish discharge in the undergarments: You can call this a characteristic symptom of leucorrhoea. All the other symptoms might confuse you with some other disease, but if you notice dirty white or yellowish discharge which is often accompanied by a bad smell, then the chances are high that it is nothing but leucorrhoea.
All the symptoms create a great deal of discomfort, trouble and sometimes emergency in the life of patients of leucorrhoea.
Causes of leucorrhoea
You know the disease is very common, and the symptoms also are well known at least for one who suffers from the problem, but the real puzzle is to reach o the cause of leucorrhoea. Here are some commonly believed causes of leucorrhoea.
- Food: Food surely is a source of energy tat our body runs on, but sometimes, it can also become a source of trouble to your womb. Actually, not the same food, but junk and, in particular, is the real cause of many health problems including leucorrhoea. Not only junk and unhealthy food can create problems, but sometimes, unbalanced diet also is an invitation to problems like leucorrhoea. Home remedies for leucorrhoea recommends you eating good and healthy food that not only enhances your overall health but at the same time save you from the discomfort waiting for you.
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuations in the hormones produced in female body is one of the most common reasons behind leucorrhoea. And the hormonal imbalance also arises out of something else going on wrong either with your body or with your mind. We have home remedies for leucorrhoea that are specifically for those who suffer from leucorrhoea due to hormonal imbalance.
- Vaginal infection: Infections in vagina be it bacterial infection or fungal infection, are most likely to cause leucorrhoea.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease: Some sexually transmitted diseases also are known to cause the trouble in the form of leucorrhoea other than the real pain they are giving.
- Improper hygiene: If you ignore minor things and do not take proper care of the hygiene in and around your private parts, you are giving an open invitation to all sort of problems in your vagina and leucorrhoea is just one name. Special care should be taken for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness in your private parts during menstruation as at this time you are prone to many infections. Home remedies for leucorrhoea have some other tricks that will help you keeping problems at bay.
This condition should be diagnosed at an early stage and treatments should be initiated. There are sever OTC medicines and drugs to treat the disease, but the side effects accompany them too. It is good to opt for holistic approach in solving this problem and that also is the safest way to treat leucorrhoea- home remedies for leucorrhoea. There are several simple and effective home remedies for leucorrhoea that cures this condition without causing any side effects in the body. have a look.
Home Remedies for Leucorrhoea
Apple Cider Vinegar
Think of an infection and apple cider vinegar will be the only and ultimate solution. Apple cider vinegar being the first name on the list of home remedies for leucorrhoea is really everything you need to take care of every symptom of leucorrhoea. Not only leucorrhoea, but many other female problems can be effectively handled with this amazing liquid. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has numerous health benefits. In the long list of ailments it is used in, leucorrhoea is also included. The foul odor of the vaginal discharge during this condition is due to increased acidity. It helps in restoring the natural pH of the body and reduces the acidity in the vaginal flora.
How to use apple cider vinegar in leucorrhoea
- Home remedies for leucorrhoea always keep the remedies simple so that any one can use them anytime.
- As far as apple cider vinegar is concerned, you just have to rinse your vagina with water mixed with a cup of apple cider vinegar at least two times a day till you feel the symptoms.
- Raw and unfiltered ACV should be mixed with distilled water and this should be used to wash the vaginal area twice a day.
- You can also drink the solution of apple cider vinegar and water daily to get rid of the problem internally.
- It can be consumed everyday by mixing one part of ACV to a glass of water.
Indian gooseberry is a rich source of Vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system. The weakness caused due to leucorrhea can be treated using this wonder ingredient. It has anti-infection properties and so it is very useful to maintain vaginal health. Indian Gooseberry has high number of anti-oxidants that helps in cleansing the bladder, making it one of the really effective natural home remedies for leucorrhoea. Indian Gooseberry is very rich in Vitamin C, and contains many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene and Vitamin B Complex. Hence it is an overall health enhancer while being one of the home remedies for leucorrhoea. Let us see how we can extract maximum benefits for the citrus fruit.
How to use Indian gooseberry in leucorrhoea
- Add a spoon of gooseberry roots powder in a cup of water and boil until it reduces to half.
- Add some honey and drink it every morning on empty stomach.
- Another recipe is to mix gooseberry powder with honey to make a thick paste.
- Have this twice a day for few weeks to cure the discharge completely.
If you have ever had any stomach problem and tried home remedies for that, fenugreek seed must be a familiar name for you. Fenugreek regulates the estrogen levels in the body and maintains the pH in the vagina. It acts as a natural immune booster. It is the universal remedy for any stomach or digestion issue, and at the same time is one of the bets home remedies for leucorrhoea. Fenugreek is a rich source of vitamins, phytonutrients and minerals like zinc. The uses of fenugreek as a laxative and digestive is already known, but its effectiveness in urinary problems is lesser known to the world. The ability of fenugreek seeds of curing leucorrhoea, and the credit for it being one of the home remedies for leucorrhoea goes to zinc. Zinc is an essential nutrient that helps in keeping the urinary tract healthy and free from infections. Only certain food and supplements can fulfill the demand for zinc in our body and fenugreek is one of the best natural sources of zinc.
How to use fenugreek seeds in leucorrhoea
- Soak one spoon of fenugreek seeds in water.
- In the next morning, strain the mixture and add a spoon of honey to it.
- Drink this for few weeks regularly to get rid of the symptoms.
- You may also boil two spoons of fenugreek in four cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Strain and cool down the mixture and use it as vaginal wash 3-4 times a day.
Fig is considered to be beneficial for those with leucorrhea, according to Ayurveda. It is an effective laxative that eliminates toxins from the body and treats the vaginal discharge. This is all a leucorrhoea patient needs, right? You can get rid of your problems with this home remedy for leucorrhoea quite easily and effectively. This is one of the most effective home remedies for leucorrhoea. Let us have a look at the method to use fig in leucorrhoea.
How to use fig in leucorrhoea
- Soak two or three dried figs in water and blend it next morning to drink this mixture.
- Barkof fig tree and banyan tree can be made to powder and stored.
- Two spoons of this powder should be added to two cups of water and used asvaginal
Cranberries are rich in antioxidants that eliminate free radicals that cause infections and various diseases. They have antibacterial and antifungal properties that fight against vaginal infections. Some kinds of infection in the urinary tract are the major cause of leucorrhoea and if you can successfully treat this infection, your problem may be solved on its own. Cranberries are less of home remedies for leucorrhoea, but we believe in killing the cause rather than masking the symptoms, and this way it indirectly becomes one of the greatest home remedies for cranberries. Cranberries are known to break the bonds between the wall of your urinary tract and the foreign organism causing infection, and this helps in flushing out the undesirable and harmful micro organism. This way you can come out if any type of urinary tract infection naturally.
How to use cranberries as home remedies for leucorrhoea
- You can eat cranberries in raw form, but their taste is not so pleasant. Cranberry juice is also available on many health stores and you can straightaway buy one for yourself.
- If you have a problem with the taste of cranberry juice too, you can dilute it before drinking.
- It can also be taken in the form of capsules to treat urinary tract infections. It has high anti-bacterial properties thathelp in clearing the urinary tract and maintaining a healthy fluid ratio inside the body, making its way for being one of the best home remedies for leucorrhoea.
Basil has high medicinal value and is used in treating number of ailments. It is found to be very beneficial in alleviating leucorrhoea symptoms and provide strong immune system. The unbelievable medicinal properties of basil leaves make them a holy plant which is worshipped in some parts of the country. You do not need to worship it in order to treat angina, but of course have to use it like other home remedies for leucorrhoea.
Basil leaves are considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for leucorrhoea. It is not just a treatment for the symptoms, but the real cure.
How to use basil leaves as home remedies for leucorrhoea
- All you have to do is chew a few leaves of fresh basil leaves in the morning.
- Alternatively you can mix two spoons of basil leaves juice to one spoon of honey and have it twice a day.
- Half spoon of cumin powder can also be added to one spoon of basil leaves and consumed along with cow’s milk.
- This remedy should be followed for few months depending on the severity of the symptoms.
Alum has natural antiseptic properties and can be taken both internally and externally in case of leucorrhea. The scientific name of potassium alum is hydrated potassium aluminum sulfate. We can use it in many problems like canker sores, to get rid of the bad odor, cracked heels, to cure acne and pimples, to reduce the wrinkles on the face and also to get rid of head lice. These were all the external uses and alum is known to be beneficial in fighting with the internal issues as well. Alum as one of the home remedies for leucorrhoea works wonderfully by relieving your vagina from itching and all kind of discomfort you might have been suffering from. Let us see how to use alum in leucorrhoea.
Alum as one of the home remedies for leucorrhoea
- You can use alum as one of the home remedies for leucorrhoea both internally and externally.
- When you are using it as internal tonic, mix two teaspoons of powdered alum in a glass of water. No matter how much severe the problem is, you can cure excessive vaginal discharge by doing this for several days.
- Alternatively a vaginal douche can be prepared by dissolving alum powder in water. You can wash your vagina and surrounding areas with the solution once everyday.
- With these simple ways, you can easily get rid of everything going on wrong inside your vagina.
Drink a lot of water
We need water to survive, but the role of water is not limited to only survival and it has significant importance in determining our health. Water is the most common beverage is every country and every culture. All the environmentalists emphasize on saving water as there would be no life without water. I used to wonder what is so special about water. When I got to know every benefit of water, I was in shock. The water we drink thinking as if it is just plain water has a lot in store for our body and health.
We can face several other health problems if we do not drink plenty of water. The plain water helps in protection of bones, cells, joints; it also helps in flushing out the toxins from human body, and at the same time help in digestion as well. There is no other drink that can do all this for human body, and hence we must not waste water. Whether you have leucorrhoea or not, make sure you take in plenty of fluids.
How to use water in the right way and treat leucorrhoea
- On anaverage you should drink at least eight glasses of water everyday, or approximately two to three liters of the fluid.
- If you have any type of urinary tract infection, just to flush out the bacteria living in you should drink as much water as you can.
- If you have leucorrhoea causing extreme pain, simply increase your daily water intake and you will start feeling better. This will make your urine less concentrated thereby reducing pain. Hence water also is one of the most important home remedies for leucorrhoea.
You would use home remedies for leucorrhoea and once you feel healthy, you will stop doing so. Of course, what is the point in treating the problem when you know the disease has already left? See, you are a woman with diverse roles and responsibilities. Home remedies for leucorrhoea are enough to take care of the problem, but to maintain the gynecological health you must avoid stress and excess of burden of anything both physically and mentally. Follow a proper workout routine to make sure your sedentary lifestyle don’t invite any diseases. Also, know what food is good for you and what is not. And more than knowing just make your diet accordingly and follow it religiously.
Some doctors will tell you take medicines and will present leucorrhoea to you as a chronic disease which may make you infertile. Others may tell you that the discharge is normal and every woman has it at some point in their lives. But home remedies for leucorrhoea suggests you should know that the discharge may be present somewhere in the middle of the cycle but for the rest of the days, you should be perfectly dry and clean. If this is not happening and discharge id frequent throughout the cycle, then you must not ignore it.
Leucorrhea should be diagnosed properly and treated with the best possible treatment method. What can be better than the above stated home remedies for leucorrhoea? Is there any medicinal cure that is free from side effects? Being a woman is difficult and issues like leucorrhoea make it even more challenging, and adding to the suffering are the harmful drugs. You cannot do much about the former two reasons, but medicinal cure is our choice and why choose wrong when we have home remedies for leucorrhoea?