Almost 40% of the Americans experience heartburn with a frequency as high as once per month. And we are talking about the heartburn for which they had to report to their doctor and the minor ones are not included in the stats. It is said that hyperacidity and heartburn are two problems from which every human has to deal with during their lifetime. Hyperacidity and Heartburn are not uncommon, thanks to our poor food habits and bad lifestyle choices. It is just the frequency of these two problems that differ from person to person. Some of you might have had these kinds of problems after eating a specific food, others may have it every time they delay or skip their meals. The symptoms, intensity of symptoms and frequency of occurrences will differ, and the only thing universal about the disease are home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn. We have some exceptional home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn that would not let the problem create trouble in your life again and again.
Do you also have a question in your mind like from where this acid came into our stomach, or what is the cause of this problem? Let us understand the cause of hyperacidity and heartburn as it is the first step to the treatment of hyperacidity and heartburn, and also the last name on the list of home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn. Our stomach produces acid every now and then while digesting the food. This acid in no way harms our stomach lining as well as digestion; in fact, it is really necessary. But the problem of hyperacidity arises when there is an imbalance in the amount of acid present in the stomach, leading to disturbed pH of the abdomen. Okay, it is pretty simple and understandable, but what causes this imbalance?
The food we eat is the most common culprit. Yes, the food we eat daily directly determines not only our future health but also the condition of our stomach. We will talk about which all foods are responsible for hyperacidity and heartburn, and will also give you alternatives to those foods, but first, you should know what it feels like when you are suffering from heartburn and hyperacidity. The common symptoms of hyperacidity and heartburn are:
- Burning sensation right behind the breastbone is the first symptom and you can actually treat it as a warning sign.
- Chest pain will be there as we are talking about heartburn. The severity and exact position of the pain may vary from person to person. Sometimes it will be light enough to be ignored, and the other times, it may take to the hospital bed.
- An acute cough will also be there and it will be worst as the acid jumps up to your throat.
- Pain in the abdomen is obvious as so many things are going on wrong inside your tummy.
Apart from eating spicy and unhealthy foods, lack of exercise, irregular eating habits, stress, or drinking alcohol frequently can lead to acidity problems. Can you see something unusual? Almost every disease have a virus or a bacteria involved, some others have reasons that are uncontrollable, but hyperacidity and heartburn are different. These diseases have causes that are totally under the control of human beings. We can control the food and drinks we have any time, also keeping yourself physically active is in our hands, and then why heartburn and hyperacidity are rampant? Because it is easy to say good things but it is most difficult to implement all of them in real life. We will tell you how to bring some changes in your life and get rid of this problems forever right after discussing home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn.
Although we don’t need any other treatment for hyperacidity and heartburn, still people are mad over antibiotics. These two conditions can be treated with the help of over the counter drugs, but they do not address the root cause. If you want to completely cure yourself, the first step is to kill the cause of any disease. This requires your lifestyle to be changed, your food habits to be refined and some simple home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn which make the use of natural products that try to ease the symptoms of heartburn or hyperacidity.
The following home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn can help you greatly in giving relief from all types of problems resulting due to issues in the digestion of food. They are not only side effect free but cost effective as well. You will all kinds of health enhancing properties with these home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn. Have a look at the properties and capabilities of all these home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn, and then decide which one is the best for you.
Home Remedies For Hyperacidity and Heartburn
We all have used antacids to get rid of hyperacidity in the stomach and heartburn. Doctors also quickly prescribe expensive antacid drugs and recommend you to take them every day until you feel better. But have you ever though of a natural antacid? Yes, baking soda and any other home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn are natural antacids. Baking soda can help you in a variety of ways to treat the excess of acid as well as the problems created by that acid.
Baking soda is something that is included as home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn in almost every health issue; it is due to its effectiveness. Its name comes first in acidity as well. As it is bicarbonate, it helps the air trapped inside the stomach to escape one way or the other. It also re-alkalizes the stomach, neutralizing the acid a little bit and helping things pass through your intestine. In all, it is the life saver for heartburn and hyperacidity patients. Who would spend money on buying harmful as well as expensive antacid when you have baking soda at home? Let us see how to use it as home remedies for heartburn.
How to use baking soda in treating hyperacidity and heartburn
- Using baking soda as one of the home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn is pretty easy.
- Take approximately 8 ounces of water.
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda to it.
- Drink this solution twice for a few days to get rid of the excess of gas and acidity.
Aloe vera as home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn is observed to be more effective than most of the medicines. This is the era of aloe vera and you would see it everywhere from fragrances to cosmetics and health products. Surely it has magnificent properties and this is why it is gaining so much popularity around the globe. As far as hyperacidity is concerned, aloe vera has anti- inflammatory properties that help to soothe the irritated stomach and also helps in reducing the excess of acid. Hyperacidity and Heartburn often have a significant impact on digestion and there are chances that some toxins accumulate in your body. Aloe vera is also an excellent detoxifier and this way it becomes more than just home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn.
How to use aloe vera for hyperacidity
- You can have aloe juice daily as first thing in the morning.
- If you can manage, just take the gel out of the aloe plant.
- The gel straight from the plant is more concentrated than commercial aloe juice so don’t use more than 2 tablespoons.
- But if you cannot get a fresh leaf every day, go grab a bottle of aloe juice form any health cum food store.
- Mix two spoons of the juice in half cup of lukewarm water and drink it daily in the morning.
- It is a wonderful home remedy for hyperacidity and heartburn.
Keep a check on your weight
If you are storing the extra fat for years now, you will certainly have to make space for some diseases also, and hyperacidity and heartburn are some of them. None of the above- stated home remedies of hyperacidity and heartburn will work in a way you expect them to work until and unless you shed that fat accumulated on your body. Maintaining a healthy weight is the key to a healthy and fit body. If you are overweight, not only hyperacidity will be a more common problem for you, but you are at a potential risk of serious health issues. If you have a lot of fat accumulated surrounding your abdomen and area around the hips, this fat will cause many health complications for your body.
How to loose weight
Before using any of the home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn, make sure you keep a check on your weight.
- Choose a right weight loose method in order to shed those extra pounds. Modifying your diet is the first step to becoming fit and healthy.
- Eat food that is low in fat and high in energy. You can easily get a list of all the weight reducing foods, but the intent will have to be developed by your own mind.
- Start doing exercises and yoga early in the morning along with modifications in your diet. Start with mild work outs and gradually upgrade to more difficult ones.
- This way you can not only loose weight but also can treat all your stomach problems including heartburn and hyperacidity.
We were cultivating mustard in the North American region till the last decade as a multi- specialty crop. Do you know what is so special about mustard? All the parts of the plant have been used for various purposes since ages now and it is a home remedy not only for minor health ailments but for diseases like cancer and diabetes. Coming back to home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn, be it the initial symptoms of hyperacidity or the hyperacidity at the advanced stage, you can rely on mustard. Mustard is an alkalizing food that is full of minerals and contains a weak acid in the form of vinegar. And because of its alkaline properties, it will help neutralize the acid that may come creeping up your throat, and therefore may neutralize the pain of acid reflux.
How to use mustard in hyperacidity and heartburn
- Consuming mustard straight, while it may make you grimace at first, may ultimately end up making you smile.
- And not only your face will have a smile, but your stomach will also relax with this one and other home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Take a few seeds of mustard and swallow them with a glass of water whenever you feel the problem of acidity.
- It seems to be the most helpful if you’re feeling a bout of heartburn creeping up, or if you’re in the midst of one.
Banana has a great taste, but it has even better health advantages. It is a good source of fiber and is helpful in reducing the chances of hyperacidity by minimizing bloating and gas often followed by constipation.
Eating banana regularly is not only good for patients suffering from heartburn and hyper acidity, but it also has other benefits. So, include it in your daily diet, as a natural home remedy for hyperacidity and heartburn. Bananas as home remedies for hyperacidity and hangover are excellent. They are one of the home remedies for hyperacidity and hangover because they also are rich in potassium. Bananas contain potassium, a mineral that helps regulate fluid levels in your body and gives relief from acid reflux. Also, bananas help calm down the stomach and boost your energy level.
How to use banana as home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn
- Eat one or two bananas with your breakfast after a night of heavy drinking to alleviate hangover symptoms.
- You can also opt to prepare a banana milkshake sweetened with honey.
- This will let your body take the benefits of both banana and honey. Both of them are equally good home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn.
Apple cider vinegar
An apple a day keeps the doctor away and we are talking about the mother of the apple- apple cider vinegar. It has all the powers and capabilities of dealing with hyperacidity and heartburn, thus is one of the best home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn. Apple cider vinegar has enzymes, pectin, proteins and many other beneficial components that raise its medicinal value far beyond we can imagine. This is why we see Apple cider vinegar everywhere on the internet these days. The alkalizing effect that apple cider vinegar leaves into your body gives the real soothing effect in abdominal pain, heartburn, and also bloating caused by improper digestion and hyperacidity.
How to use apple cider vinegar in hyperacidity and heartburn
- Using apple cider vinegar is simple, juts like many other home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn.
- You just have to dilute it with water as drinking it in a concentrated form is not safe.
- Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Drink it twice a day to get relief in all the symptoms of acidity and heartburn.
Ginger is useful for treating many health ailments including heartburn and acidity both. Ginger reduces gas and bloating and thus it is recommended as one of the home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the inflammations in the intestines and relaxes the muscles, thus ginger teas are mostly preferred home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn. Ginger has been long used for healing the common infections like cold, fever, throat related problems, and also digestion. It also raises the overall disease fighting capability of your body. Let us see how we can use it for hyperacidity and heartburn.
How to use ginger in hyperacidity and heartburn
- This is one of my favorites because I like the flavor of ginger in everything starting from tea to veggies.
- You can add grated ginger to the cup of tea you drink daily in the evening.
- Even when you are not suffering from heartburn, you can continue having small doses of ginger to enhance the immune strength and prevent general infections.
- Alternatively, you can also add it to veggies and soups.
- You can have it in grated or crushed form mixed with equal amount of honey if you want a strong action from the herb. One of the easiest home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn.
These were all the home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn, but you have to take out time and try more than one of them. It is so because one remedy may work for your body and it may prove to be useless for someone else. Hence you must start with the remedy you feel is the best suited to your problems and needs, and see the results. If the result is not as you expected, do not loose hope and try another one. You will surely find the solution to your problem in one of the home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn. It is also not a problem if you combine any two or three home remedies for heartburn together as it will only increase the effectiveness. Since all of them are natural, it won’t be harmful if you use any one of them for a long time.
Apart from these home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn, diet also has a vital role to play in determining your overall health, digestion, and hyperacidity eventually. Do you know what prevents the food that comes packed and ready to eat? The preservatives added to it saves it from being spoiled, the most common one is carbon dioxide. Most of the canned food items contain carbon dioxide to preserve it. Avoid these foods to avoid acidity and heartburn. You should also add all the soft drinks to the list of “food to stay away from” as all of them are carbonated. In addition to this antacids also contribute a lot to the formation of gas inside the stomach.
It is important to understand that hyperacidity and heartburn often is a result of your bad eating habits or eating the food that your body finds hard to digest. It is our bad eating choices that prove to be heavy for the digestive system to handle. Because it is our lifestyle and food habits which have to lead us to this problem, we only can correct this with the help of some significant changes in our way of living and dietary routine. This cause in actually created by us and hence we can easily reverse it by having healthy food habits that suit our body and does not have any harmful affect.
This can be done at home; all we need to know is what to eat and what not to have. Have green leafy vegetables and colorful fruits, and try to avoid a fat and cholesterol-rich diet. Stale, packed and spicy food also is a great reason behind acidity. Hence if you want to get rid of acidity and heartburn, simply get rid of the food that causes it first.
You can use any of the above states home remedies whenever you sense the symptoms of hyperacidity and heartburn, but by now, you must have understood that it is not going to help in preventing the disease. The problem and inconvenience can only be avoided by following the tips given in the above section. Home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn are important and nothing can replace them if you are currently suffering from hyperacidity and heartburn, but these tips are must to keep your stomach at ease in future. These simple yet effective home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn will definitely help you feel much better and there is no doubt about it. Now, you can either use home remedies for hyperacidity and heartburn again and again or simply use the tips and avoid all the discomfort by preventing hyperacidity and heartburn.