It is astonishing that almost 176 million women in this word are endometriosis patients. We have something even more surprising for you. When most of the diseases have evidence of existence in the past centuries, we have text documented about endometriosis since 400o years when the symptoms of endometriosis were named as “strangulation of the womb”. Although it is said that endometriosis was discovered by Karl Von Rokitansky in 1860, it was the time when endometriosis was discovered microscopically. It is unbelievable but true. Endometriosis is that old and this is no less than a punishment for the entire women race. Do you know exactly what it is?
Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissues that are supposed to grow inside the uterus start growing outside. You get to know you have this when you experience severe pelvic pain and fight from infertility. The pain would increase during periods exponentially. Other commonly seen symptoms due to this disease are mood swings, heavy bleeding during menstruations, swelling in the abdomen and pain in the lower back. Women of all ages are at risk for endometriosis. Typically, it affects women from age 25 to 40.
If you try to figure out what caused the pain and other symptoms of endometriosis in you, the answer may not lead to one single dimension. There are many reasons that are believed to cause the problem. The very first is being a woman. Yes, since it troubles only women, so, you are at risk if you are a woman. This is a clear reason, but not all women have to go through this. The exact cause of endometrioses is still a matter of research and the reasons we have today are diverse. Sometimes environmental toxins are blamed conveniently, but we don’t know which all toxic substance is to be declared as culprits. The other times we just say that it is genetic, you inherit this from your mother, but then we know girls who have endometriosis and their mothers were perfectly healthy. We also have seen cases where a mother suffers from endometriosis but the daughter lives her life without any problem in the womb.
Backflow of menstrual fluid may play a key role in the development of endometriosis growth in your body. But all these are a just blind guess as the real reason behind the disease is still to be disclosed. This disease gradually suppresses with increasing age, or I should say with your body approaching menopause, but then we have one- third of the women who are infertile and have endometriosis. Waiting for menopause is not the solution, neither in situations when you desperately want a baby, nor otherwise. Just to decrease the severity, control the rate of growth and get your fertility back, you need to start working on the cure of endometriosis with home remedies for endometriosis. Not only endometriosis, but women have to face all odds that men can never ever think about. So, if you are also a woman, it is high time to be concerned about your health because anybody else can afford to ignore things but not you.
Everyone else can comfortably count on medicines and afford the uncountable side effects induced by the medicines, but not you. You have a long life ahead and bearing the pain is not a woman’s cup of tea as we have home remedies for endometriosis to help you out. Here are some home remedies for endometriosis that would help you out with the same.
Home Remedies For Endometriosis
Castor oil pack
If you do not like the idea of drinking bitter things then castor oil is what you will find easy to use as you do necessarily need to drink it, just applying it on the skin can also make it work. Applying a castor oil pack on the abdomen helps excite the lymphatic and circulatory systems of our body, and increases lymphocytes (white blood cells) to remove disease causing toxins from the body, making it a potent natural remedy for endometriosis. Most of the practitioners believe an increase in these toxins in human body plays an important role in endometriosis development and its rapid growth. Castor oil also contains ricinoleic acid with anti-inflammatory properties. All these components make the castor oil pack a healthy, effective and safe natural remedy for endometriosis.
How to use castor oil pack as home remedy for endometriosis
- To use castor oil pack as one of the home remedies for endometriosis and shrink the unwanted growth and also get some relief in pain you can saturate a piece of wool flannel in castor oil.
- Place it on your abdomen and cover it with a plastic wrap to give time to it for getting absorbed completely.
- Place a heating pad or hot water bottle on it and cover that with a towel. Leave it on for about one hour so that it gets enough time to work.
- You can do it every alternate day.
Flaxseed is helpful in dealing with acute pain due to endometriosis and reducing swelling if any, as it contains alpha-linolenic acid, a type of omega- 3 fatty acid. Small brown colored seeds, or sometimes golden color have been with use for more than six thousand years now, and also they are the biggest source of plant- based omega 3 fatty acids. You can use flaxseed oil to deal with endometriosis and other such conditions. Sometimes they are referred to as linseeds, and most of the other times, you would see people calling them a super food. They are extremely small in size, but the composition of the small sized seeds and the nutritional value justify the name given. They have everything starting from iron, potassium, fiber, protein, vitamin B1, phosphorus, zinc, and copper. You know very well how much essential the minerals and micro- nutrients are for the human body. All these components make flax seeds extremely healthy home remedies for endometriosis as well as for many other remedies that have to deal with the reproductive organs of the female.
How to use flax seeds in endometriosis:
Not all home remedies come in ready to use form and some demands efforts from your side. Same is the case with flax seeds. Flax seeds are one the most effective home remedies for endometriosis, but to gain the benefits, you have to follow a procedure. Now let us prepare one of the best home remedies for endometriosis.
- Pour the water into a pan and place it over a medium flame. Allow the water to come to boiling point.
- You have to mix 120ml water, 30 grams jaggery and 1 ½ tablespoons of flax
- Add the Flax seeds in the boiling water and let them boil for up to 10 minutes.
- Now add jaggery to the infusion of flax seeds. Remove from flame and allow it to come down to room temperature.
- Drink this concoction in empty stomach. This concoction is one of the most effective home remedies for endometriosis.
Whether it is a minor allergy that leads to sneezing or a major issue like endometriosis, turmeric has its name in all these since ages. Specifically, in the field of women reproductive health, turmeric has a prominent role to play. It is one of the most preferred products used by humans for healing purposes since ancient times, and also one of the best natural home remedies for endometriosis. Turmeric has unbelievable anti- oxidant and anti- inflammatory properties. And these two properties are so strong that they sometimes make turmeric more effective than the antibiotic and anti- inflammatory pills. The best part about turmeric is that it is very easy to use and home remedies for endometriosis give you many options to choose from. Have a look at the various ways we can use turmeric.
How to use turmeric as home remedy for endometriosis
- If you suffer from any skin problem, people apply turmeric topically and to deal with internal conditions like endometriosis, you have to consume the herbal powder.
- You can consume it in different ways, adding it to veggies while cooking is one way. It will add a nice color to the food and also will enhance the taste while adding medicinal properties to it.
- Alternatively, you can add it to the hot cup of soup, butt in very small amount as adding more turmeric will make it bitter in taste.
- The most common way of using turmeric as one of the home remedies for endometriosis is by drinking it after mixing in a hot cup of milk. The color of the milk will turn light yellow if you add even a pinch of the natural turmeric powder.
- All the ways are beneficial for human body and you can go for any of the above- stated methods of using the herbal powder.
Yellow dock herb
It is yet another herbal product to help in curing endometriosis. Yellow dock is an exceptional purifying herb. As it is discussed earlier, the liver has a direct relation with unwanted growths inside our body like fibroids, or endometriosis, and yellow dock tea works by fine tuning the liver, making it one of the best efficient natural remedies for endometriosis. It improves liver function by stimulating bile flow and has mild laxative properties. It helps in relieving pain and discomfort caused by bleeding in menstrual flow. Yellow dock tea acts as a stimulant which improves the production of blood cells thereby correcting anemia caused by excessive bleeding.
How to use yellow dock herb in endometriosis
- Unusual name, but yellow dock tea has countless benefits. Tea is the most common way you can use yellow dock herb in endometriosis.
- Take two cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Add approximately one to two teaspoons of the dried root of the yellow dock to the boiling water.
- Let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink once the tea is cool enough.
- It is often blended with other cleansing herbs, such as burdock, red clover, or dandelion.
- If you want to use the yellow dock as one of the home remedies for endometriosis in tincture form, you can do that too.
- The root can also be found in a tincture form with the recommended dosage up to 2 tsp, three times daily.
- Alternatively, the capsules of yellow dock herb are also available in the market and you can also order them online if you don’t have access to any of the natural forms.
Red raspberry is a must for women as it has a role to play at every stage of your life. Red Raspberry contains a lot of nutrients like Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, and Vitamins A, B, C and E. Particularly, this is a very useful tonic for women suffering from severe menstrual symptoms due to endometriosis. Sometimes due to endometriosis problem present in the uterus of a woman, she might experience heavy menstrual bleeding that may lead to loss of blood. Red Raspberry is used to controlling top-heavy menstrual bleeding and strengthens the uterine muscles. It is also good as it returns balance to the reproductive organs, which proves its potency as an effective natural remedy for endometriosis. Also, it offers anti-inflammatory and anti-emetic effects like some other herbs thereby making it a prevailing herb for easing menstrual unease related to endometriosis.
How to use red raspberry for endometriosis treatment
- The simplest way to use red raspberry is to eat the fresh fruit. But to use it as one of the home remedies for endometriosis, you have to take a huge amount of the goodness offered by the red raspberry plant.
- Take two cups of water and add a teaspoon of the dried leaves of red raspberry.
- Let them boil in water for about ten minutes and then strain the leaves.
- Drink the tea thus formed twice every day to avoid all the major problem a woman suffers in her lifetime.
Ginger is famous for its immune enhancing action and anti- inflammatory properties. It is very commonly used to treat endometriosis and many other diseases. Ginger can heal up the inflamed abdomen due to severe pain and other symptoms of endometriosis very fast due to its anti- inflammatory action. Apart from this, ginger has a lot of health benefits for humans. It can save you from everything starting from a minor allergy to some life- threatening diseases like cancer. Let us have a look at all the different ways we can use the herb as one of the home remedies for endometriosis as well as the overall health enhancer.
How to use ginger in endometriosis
- Make ginger tea by adding freshly grated ginger to a cup of boiling water and steeping it for 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea two or three times a day depending on the severity of the symptoms. You can also add ginger to your normal tea as it will improve the flavor while leaving a good aroma.
- The grated ginger can also be taken directly by mixing it with a spoon endometriosis. It is one of the best home remedies for endometriosis.
Dandelion root’s extract
Hormonal imbalance is considered to be one of the main reasons behind endometriosis. Dandelion aids in both liver detoxification and clearing excess estrogen from your body thus having effects in clearing growths inside and outside the uterus both directly and indirectly. Apart from all this, dandelion’s root is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin K. it is also a rich source of fiber. It is high in anti- oxidants and also fights diabetes as well as minor skin infections. And since it is on the list of home remedies for endometriosis, you can trust it for treating that too.
How to use dandelion as home remedy for endometriosis
- Although you can take it the way you want the most preferred method of intake is by boiling it in water.
- Boil three tablespoons of dandelion root in three and one-half cups of water and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat, and allow it to steep for another 15 minutes before straining it.
- You can drink this tea three times a day if you do not feel fed up for at least three months.
Chamomile tea is an herbal tea for the entire world, but in the United States, it is used for treating all the issues that are directly or indirectly related to stomach. Well, the benefits of the tea for stomach are uncountable and hence it is also a part of the list of home remedies for endometriosis. This is why we have included chamomile tea as one of the very few home remedies for endometriosis because it is backed by scientific proves. It is also easy to trust this tea because chamomile tea is one of the few home remedies for endometriosis that are approved by governmental agencies. Adding chamomile tea to your daily schedule reduces stomach aches, improves digestion, and also relieves you from endometriosis making them one of the best home remedies for endometriosis.
How to use chamomile tea in endometriosis
- Do you know chamomile tea also has variants? And out of all, the German chamomile tea is considered to be the best. In fact, a German governmental organization has approved the use of chamomile tea in stomach disorders like gastroenteritis as they saw so many researchers claiming the same fact.
- Dip the chamomile tea bag in a cup of water.
- Drink it two times in a day to get rid of the problem of endometriosis gradually.
- You can add cardamom or ginger to improve the taste and health quotient of chamomile tea while treating endometriosis.
You can get the desired results with the use of the above- stated home remedies for endometriosis. With these home remedies for endometriosis, you can easily beat the horrible disease on your own, by raising the immunity and using the herbs for giving the disease a tough fight. This is what you were here for, right? But with some other key elements, you can get what you have never ever thought about. You can prevent endometriosis with acupuncture and sitz bath. Have you heard of sitz bath? We will tell you a weird but effective way that people use to fight with the symptoms of endometriosis.
You have to soak yourself in the bath tub full of hot water. The water can be lukewarm to somewhat hot, but make sure you don’t burn yourself. After doing so for abut five minutes, either change the water to cold or switch the tub if you have two bathtubs at home. Sit in the tub filled with cold water for 5 minutes and then again go back to the tub in which you filled hot water. Repeat this alteration 3 to 5 times. This is odd, but many people have used it and also have reported great relief. The other famous method Apart from home remedies for endometriosis is acupuncture. Acupuncture has been in the picture since 1970’s when it was seen that acupuncture had capabilities to control the withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism. Since then acupuncture has been used in China, and now it has started migrating to other parts of the world as well.
All forms of acupuncture work on the same basic concept. They believe that endometriosis and many other diseases are a result of an imbalance in the elements of the human body. The imbalance may occur due to many reasons, but the treatment can be done with acupuncture very easily. You can try acupuncture if none of the home remedies for endometriosis work for you. Even if you are getting relief from home remedies for endometriosis, you can add acupuncture to your treatment plan to get rid of the problem fast. Home remedies for endometriosis recommend you using acupuncture, sitz bath, and the entire home remedies for endometriosis because none of them have side effects.